Monday, September 11, 2006

Posterity Post : 9/11

Today is the 5th anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks. 2,973 people were killed.

I still remember where I was when it happened. I was in my university dorm and had just walked out of my room when a fellow dormer mentioned something about planes crashing into the twin towers. I didn't take him seriously cuz I thought he was joking. Later on I found out it was true. There were varied reactions to the events of that day. Some felt sympathy for the Americans .. after all, they were our neighbors. Others frowned upon the attacks, calling it barbaric and cruel and a sin against humanity. Others felt that the U.S. had it coming and deserved what it got.

I felt all of the above.

Whatever the sentiment one has on 9/11, it cannot be denied that it was an unfortunate event. People lost their loved ones and it changed their lives forever. All we can do is honour the memory of those who perished in the rubble, and hope that some day the world unites and becomes a better place.

If there's one more gift I'd ask of you Lord, it would be peace here on Earth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home