Wednesday, November 23, 2005

GO Train can't go

Today was pretty interesting .... and annoying. This morning was freakin cold and my right ear is still clogged from yesterday. Grrr. So I go to the Go train platform to catch the 7:00 am Train. After about 8 minutes, it was announced that there was a freight train that was blocking the way so the GO train couldn't move forward. Apparantly, the freight train was disabled. I thought that it wouldn't take long before they got things working again so I continued waiting in the freazing cold. Again, another announcement was made that the problem was still being worked on. After 2 more anouncements of no progress, I decided to wait in the terminal building. So I wait ... and I wait. By then there were about 4 trainloads of people, but we all patiently waited, calmly realizing that we'd probably be late. After about an hour, the announcer tells us that the GO train would not be stopping at Meadowvale and that buses would shuttle us to the Streetsville station where we will board the train. I was like, you'vee got to be kidding! I couldn't even call work because 1) I didn't have a celphone, 2) I didn't have my supervisor's number and 3) there was a loooong lineup at the payphone. So there are like a million people waiting for buses which took a while to arrive one by one. Good thing I was able to get into the third bus, after discretely forcing my way into it with hands and feet almost frozen. We arrived in Streetsville after 20 minutes, boarded the GO train then waited another 15 minutes or so. I got to the office at about 9:50, a full 2 hours later than my usual time. My supervisor was understanding which was good, but I wanted to be early today so that I wouldn't feel guilty about having to leave extra early on Friday for a doctor's appointment. Oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home