Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Get Well Soon, Maan ..

Wow, I only learned today that Maan Diaz, one of my Pisay batchmates is undergoing chemotherapy. Here was her email on the batch mailing list:
------------------------
I would like to sincerely thank everybody who expressed theirsympathy, sent inspiring messages through text, friendster andemail…To all who have donated blood and those who have at least triedto…To everybody who visited me at the hospital…To all who havecomforted and supported my family…and To everybody who have includedme in their prayers...You've all made the load lighter and helped mebe strong…I am done with my Re-induction chemotherapy just last Monday, mysecond cycle treatment after only being in partial remission with thefirst. We are hoping that my system would respond to this one now, andstart clearing up the leukemia cells in my body. The doctor allowed meto go home for a while, to rest and be with my baby. I'll be back inthe hospital though, for further treatment and bone marrowtransplantation. I hope all will be well in the end…Maraming maraming salamat and may God bless you all and your families…
----------------------

Although I never really got to know her, it still pains me to hear that one of my batchmates, a person I used to see in school, is undergoing so much hardship. I sincerely hope that she is able to recover fully and that she is able to live her life to the fullest. May God give her as well as all those who are close to her, strength, courage and hope in this ordeal. Get well soon Maan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home