Tuesday, June 21, 2005

This Day in History .... and I got a job!

Actually, it's yesterday in history. Cardinal Jaime Sin, former archbishop of Manila passed away yesterday, June 20 at the age of 76. I never thought he would die so young. He was a great leader for the Roman Catholic masses in the Philippines, and although he had some flaws I hope meets his maker in Heaven.

In other news .... I got a job!! Well, at least I think I did. I got ranked for two of the jobs I applied for but you really never know with these things. The last time I got ranked I think I didn't get anything. This morning, I checked the Jobmine site and there was no sign that I was matched to a job. So I tried to apply to a new job in a new posting and found that I wasn't authorized to apply. Intrigued, I checked the CECS website and looked at the Acceptance of Employment Interviews schedule and lo and behold! My name was there! Woopeee! I'm sure as heck hoping that that means I got matched with a job! Boy, all I can say is ... Thank You Lord! Once again, I have been given an opportunity in life, even if I may be unworthy of it. There is nothing more I can say about the blessings I have received. This Thursday is my meeting with the field coordinator. I can't wait for that day when I sign on the dotted line. Man, I hope I don't screw this job up. No time for feeling lazy on the job. Gotta work my ass off so that I get the most out of it. Gonna prove those assholes who didn't offer me the job that I can do the job and do it well! Booyaka!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home